Senior Software Engineer
Reports to: VP Engineering
Department(s): Development Team
Location: 100% Remote
This position’s primary objectives include developing new features and maintaining code for all existing Grasp applications, as well as to design and develop new applications. At Grasp, our “customer” includes both our internal teams and the external client. You’ll use your varied knowledge of technology and business processes to think of creative ways to solve problems.
As the ideal candidate, you are independent and take initiative. You see complex challenges as opportunities not frustrations. You have strong attention to detail, follow-through and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Your motto is if there’s time to do it twice, there’s time to do it right the first time; so diligent planning and persistence in working your plan are two of your key strengths. The strong capacity to cope with interruptions and changes enables you to switch gears easily and quickly.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and develop new software features.
- Maintain existing code through defect review, correction, and refactoring.
- Gather requirements, create technical documents, and provide scope of work.
- Identify, prioritize, and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Participate in technical design, including data modeling, functional design, test criteria, GUI design.
- Mentor and train junior/other developers; conduct code reviews.
- Perform validation and verification testing.
- Follow best practices for software development including simple and efficient code, naming conventions, adhering to look and feel, code library reusability and use of tier design (business, data, GUI).
- 8+ years in software development; advanced programming skills including software engineering methodologies and best practices.
- 4+ years in SQL development.
- Advanced understanding of the Microsoft stack, including:
- C#, .NET Framework and/or .NET Core
- NET, Web API and/or MVC
- TFS/Azure DevOps and CI/CD pipelines (experience with setup and maintenance a plus)
- Visual Studio
- Experience with the following areas:
- System scaling/multithreading
- SQL relational table and stored procedure design
- Event driven architectures and streaming technologies such as Apache Kafka and Azure Functions
- SQL Server Management Studio and SQL Server T-SQL
- xUnit or other testing frameworks
- NuGet package setup and maintenance
- RESTful API design
- Reflection and Lambda Expression Trees
- Roslyn/Code generation concepts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional setting.
- Ability to communicate complex technical problems to non-technical users.
- Ability to handle moderate to large volumes of work.
- Regularly updates job knowledge; Loves learning something new every day, especially new technologies.
Grasp Technologies Standards:
- We are Genuine
- We are Relentless
- We are Audacious
- We are Scrappy
- We are Passionate
- We act with Integrity
- We are Talented
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, and database software.
Pay Range - Commensurate with experience, Full time employment
How To Apply:
Please fill out the form below. We look forward to speaking with you!