Vice President, Sales
Reports to: CEO
Comp Range: Highly Competitive
CI Profile: Visionary, Trailblazer, Enterpriser, Administrator, Coordinator
PI Profile: Persuader, Captain, Promoter, Strategist
Upgrade Grasp Technologies' lead generation and sales processes and build a world-class sales organization. Accelerate the quality and pace of sales pipeline creation, qualified lead management, and sales execution and join us on our mission of becoming a transformational travel technology company.
Like Neo, freeing the oppressed from the machines, you will break the oppressive yoke of conformity and inertia that
plagues many sales and business development teams. You will lead, create, develop, and grow the Grasp sales
organization to a world class division. Grasp is changing the way corporate travel professionals make decisions, and in order to spark a revolution, we need to build a team worthy of world dominance. That is where you come in. Bringing your leadership and experience to create something that exceeds Silicon Valley’s expectations.
Additional duties include:
- Servant Leadership: Live the mindset that you will do everything possible to make sure your team is successful. The team comes first, not you
- Create a process driven sales organization maintaining a strong pipeline of qualified sales opportunities that are efficiently moved through the sales funnel
- Create a modern technology driven demand generation engine delivering qualified leads with predictable time and budget
- Be the spokesperson for the Sales team while working with Marketing, Client Success, Product, Engineering and C-Level Executives
- Continuously create and refine processes that exist to support the purpose of the sales function
- Leverage internal Grasp network to forge relationships with technology and process consultancies and large GDSs (Sabre, Amadeus, Travelport) and explore channel partnerships
- Define communication channels and methods for smooth orchestration of sales issues
- Define success on a quarterly basis for the team and drive the team to achieve its goals
- Work with and set clear achievable goals for all direct reports
- Define the process/tools that will be used to enable the functioning of your team and communication to internal stakeholders
- Develop a thorough understanding of travel technology workflow, data management, and payment solutions
- Establish relationships with top clients
- Immerse in corporate travel community, associations and user groups
- Clearly define demand generation and customer buying journey processes
- Clearly define the sales process
- Establish metrics and KPIs to drive continuous improvement
- Align sales with marketing and product teams
- Create standard sales and marketing assets for each product line and customer segment
- Standardize purchase order, statement of work, security questionnaire, and contracting documents and processes
- Ability to forecast sales and pipeline conversion
- Staff and train sales team
- Create long term vision for sales org structure, including RSMs, SDRs, AMs, Sales Engineers, SMEs
- Develop staffing plan to realize vision
- Clearly define role separation and interaction between RSMs, SDRs, AMs, Sales Engineers, SMEs
- SWOT analysis of competitors
- Adjacent market analysis
- Channel Partner identification
- Build hiring and compensation plans to drive the continued growth of the team
- Within 1 year, you will double sales team productivity and by year 3, increase sales productivity 5x.
You are passionate about software sales. You have scaled multiple enterprise SaaS sales teams while increasing
performance and hiring top level players.
- SaaS industry experience; Travel Tech software experience preferred
- 10 years of experience in software sales and business development
- Has led at least 2 enterprise software sales organizations
- Experience with managing remote teams and operating in a virtual environment
- Has scaled B2B SaaS sales teams
- Familiarity with Solution Selling, Challenger, or other sales methodologies and frameworks
- Has a proven track record of managing teams to close 2-3 major enterprise deals per quarter
- Experience with modern demand gen and sales process technology
- Has hired verifiable Presidents Club RSMs and SDRs
- Relevant Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- You are comfortable not being the center of attention and instead turn your energy towards the development of your team
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; comfortable with communicating clearly and efficiently with customers, internal colleagues, as well as external partners, and investors
- Unwavering attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
- Drive to work independently with little direction, as well as collaboratively with many different colleagues
- Experience with SaaS solutions and track record of building SaaS sales organizations
- Ability to adapt well to changing plans and priorities in an ever-evolving SaaS environment
- Passion for Grasp's mission and product, and excitement about growing with a Travel SaaS company
Have no problem living out our core values:
- Happy Employees, Happy Customers - Everyone Wins
- Recruit, Retain, and Reward the Best People
- Tireless Tenacity
- Passionate Creativity
- Selfless Honesty
- Pursuit of Mastery
- Transparent Accountability
Sales Team Structure, Planning. and Reporting:
- 30 Dats - Develop & Present an Executive Dashboard
- 60 Days - Clearly defined Sales Team structure and "full potential" vision
- 90 Days - Set via OKR's
- 3 Years - Set via OKR's and organizational structure
Sales Roadmap & Demand Gen Roadmap
- Establish Demand Generation, Pipeline Management, and Sales Execution processes
- Achieve 90% of quota
- Alignment with sales team
- Support sales team success
- Q1 2022 - Validate and clean up sales pipeline
- Q2 2022 - Close 10 new TMC deals
- Q4 2022 - Close 1 data management account
- FYE 2022 - Close 5 new enterprise accounts
- 60 Days - Establish RSM and SDR productivity benchmark
- 180 Days - Double productivity
Facilitate Hiring A Players
- Support Director-level reports in:
- 1st Year: Hire 2 RSMs and 2-3 SDRs
- 2nd Year: Evaluate & Hire RSMs, SMEs
- Bi-weekly 1:1's Organizational alignment with OKR's
Key Personality Attributes at Grasp
- Intelligence/Analysis Skills (combine)
- Judgement/Decision Making
- Communications Oral/Written
- Listening Skills
- Receiving & Giving Feedback
- Work Ethic & Sense of Urgency
Additional Competencies for VP Sales:
- Conceptual Ability
- Strategic Thinking
- Track Record
- Accountability/Performance Management
- Team Building
- High Standards
- Polished Presentation
- Personnel Development
- Change Management
- Action Oriented
Why Is This A Compelling Position For A Top Quality Professional To Consider?
Grasp Inc. is a fun place to work! Their market leadership, financial stability, and small company environment provide the right blend of an entrepreneurial culture in an established business. The right person will have the opportunity to partner with the CEO and senior team to create a long lasting legacy by participating in the decision making and setting the strategic direction of the company. They will become partners with a world-class investment group and share in the wealth creation opportunity.
The role will provide a solid compensation offering that will match the success and the skills of the candidate. The basic framework will include a competitive base salary and a sales team commission plan. The company pays for top performance and the right leader can truly achieve impressive financial results from this job. Salary and structure will be based on the verified earnings history of the candidate selected. In addition, a compelling ownership package will be offered to the selected candidate. Grasp will provide a solid overall benefit offering.
Location - Your Home Office:
Grasp is a virtual company with presence in San Diego, CA, Columbus, OH,
and Jacksonville, FL. Grasp embraces the remote working environment and
builds its culture and processes with the focus on attracting top talent regardless
of their location.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, and database software.
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university, Master's degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Grasp Technologies Standards:
- We are Genuine
- We are Relentless
- We are Audacious
- We are Scrappy
- We are Passionate
- We are with Integrity
- We are Talented
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.